Saturday, December 20, 2008

Kung Pao Chicken?

I have been too busy to blog. But... alas! The children ushered in thier last day of school in bed, as I did not have more than two students per class on our snow-filled day. So the party organizing was for naught. The class I was taking three nights a week for the month of December is finally over. The presents are bought and wrapped, and Billy and I spent the better part of our day running errands and filling in all of the last minute details. I collasped into bed last night, exhausted, ready for my own "break" to begin, only to be struck with my recurring insomnia problem and awoke, wide-eyed at the strike of two. A. M. There were surprisingly a great many Christmas specials on at that late hour, so despite my bodies resistance to rest, the holidays were being enjoyed.
And because I still have much to do today, I have not much time to write. I will leave you with this question...
What in the world is Lisa Kudrow doing in a Nintendo DS commercial making Kung Pao chicken? The first time I saw I waited with bated breath for the punch line, and when I didn't hear one, I figured I didn't pay close enough attention. After seeing it at least ten more times since, I have come to the frightening conclusion that she is as serious about that chicken making as a child making a Santa list.
Hollywood must be a very difficult place to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the insomnia thing..it is so frustrating to be tired and can't sleep. I think all the stress of life and the things you keep "in check" during the day surface at night. Drinking a cup of warm milk before bed is supposed to help...I often use Tylonal PM but don't know if you can do that. Nocomment on the chicken thing...I know I'll never make it and yes, they are a bit strange in Hollywood. M

Jen W said...

They have a whole series of those DS commercials with celebrities playing various games.