Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Oscar Party


It's all so relative. Lately, I have been making a little more effort to take care of myself, hair cut and colored, renewed subsrciption to US Weekly- even though we are on a tight budget. Finding some maternity pants that actually FIT ( was someone going to tell the 5 foot 8 girl that they don't make maternity pants in "LONG"??) . And buying myself some new Urban Decay eye shadow. To put in the pocket of my new purse. Yep. New purse, too.

And to me... this is "ape-shit". Like... totally crazy spending on myself that is super duper not needed. But admittedly, makes me feel so much better. Really, it does. When I walked into my condo with my new purchases yesterday, I was actually giddy like a school girl.

I have spent the last weeks barely existing. I have been sick. And being preggers, quickly realized there is very little you can do about the inability to sleep, drippy-to-the-point-of-gross nose, and massive soar throat that feels similar to cat scratch. But because I am taking some time off next year-I am doing my best to hoard my sick days, and as it's just a cold, well, I have been trudging to work laboriously- making do, and then coming home and collapsing on my couch. The laundry is stacking up. The floors are getting pretty... umm... gross. We are out of light bulbs. Dinners have been either sandwiches or frozen pizzas. I have been doing my best to keep up, but really, the walls are caving in.

One of my biggest crosses to bear at the moment ( and yes, grab a kleenex for this one-and here - grab one of mine- I have butt loads at the moment) is that my closet is out of control. Between my weight watchers pre-pregnancy "small" clothes, the " I am newly pregnant and in month three BIG girl clothes", my "regular clothes", my maternity clothes, and all of the loaner maternity clothes that need to be kept seperated in order to return them to their rightful owners, my closet is a cluster fudget of smock shirts and khaki cottons. In varying sizes. We have spilled over into the "boxing arena/ baby's room / second closet". It's chaos at best.

And my intention as of two weeks ago was to box bag ship and move everything out of my way- cleaning up my rooms and streamlining my dressing process. But since I haven't been well, this major task that requires patience, energy, thought, and organization has fallen into a hole of deep despair. So yesterday- when I was feeling better for the first time in weeks, what do I do? Shop. Not organize- but SHOP. I wanted to get out of the house. And I wanted some pants that fit. And now that I have my outsides all set up and ready to go- it's time.

Today is the day. Boxes are out and ready to be filled. Garbage bags are in full supply. Attitude is upbeat and motivation level is beeping off the charts. I do not promise to complete the entire task, but I do plan on muddling through a good start at least as I watch Angelina and Brad grace the red carpet. I mean, who doesn't want to clean the closet out while watching the Oscars?

1 comment:

Jen W said...

I missed most of the Oscars- fell asleep. Ugh.