Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Two Year Anniversary

I never thought I would be this girl. I wanted to be this girl- but I really had thrown in the towel that I would ever BE this girl.
When I approached my 30's, single as a single could be, I began to question what was going on with me. My SIL's told me without any hesitation that I had "commitment" problems. I couldn't have disagreed more, but those words sat with me. And grew. And nagged at me as I continued to cry my way through lease signings- refuse to schedule any type of vacation- and shirk any form of lengthy project- such as a Master's program.
Eventually I came to see their angle and began to absorb that there was some truth to their words.
The funny thing is that all along the way- my goals had remained the same, and I was resolute about that. I want to be married to the perfect guy for me, own a house, and have his babies. I want to belong to church, I want to stop spending my weekends at the bar, and I want my family to come back into sharp focus.
Since that time, things have changed so much. I credit my SIL's for forcing me to see the truth, I credit my Mom for being patient, and I credit myself for finally facing what I didn't want to see.
This weekend, as I sat in my condo, celebrating our two year wedding anniversary, five months pregnant, my calendar filled with family gatherings, church a regular part of my life, and bars a place I haven't seen in months- maybe years, I am finally happy. Really happy.
My husband and I decided to not DO gifts but instead got massages and went pheasant hunting together. It was one of the nicest weekends of my life. And despite some major skepticism by what were my friends at the time, I couldn't have made a better decision in choosing him to become my lawfully wedded husband. I am just thankful my SIL's got their hands on me before I passed him up.

5 comments:

Jen W said...

Aww! Hugs to you. What a lovely post.

Anonymous said...

So happy to know that you are so happy. We are equally happy for both of you. Happy Anniversary and many, many more. M and D

Anonymous said...

So happy to know that you are so happy. We are equally happy for both of you. Happy Anniversary and many, many more. M and D

Anonymous said...

WHY, WHY, WHY do I end up with TWO posts!!!!!M

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can reveal that I approve of with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is still a suspect as you did in the decrease publication of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=1click dvd copy pro 3.1.1.8 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have not used. Or you partake of the black methods of development of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg