Thursday, September 11, 2008

Practically Riding the Brakes

I have had some recent ponderings. I can't really make any of them blog-worthy in and of themselves, but I can shine some light on my world.
1. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Never more clearly obvious than parent-teacher conferences in a self-contained emotionally disabled classroom. Just remember that Mom's.
2. It sucks when you think you have lost enough weight to wear some pants that you couldn't fit into last season and actually you didn't. And didn't realize until it was way too late in the day to notice.
3. I hate realizing I am getting old and when shopping for shoes hear my brain getting rattled by the fact that I am plopping down a hundred bucks for shoes I actually want. Instead of "found at TJ Maxx ( still sometimes over a hundred ) or at a reasonable price at Target and kill my big toe and the polyester upper creates blisters on parts of my feet I didn't know could ache. "
4. My husband's cleanse was fabulous for me.... a cooking vacay!
5. Why oh WHY does my former student work at my Dunkin Donuts I frequent every single morning? And since I care about the lining of my stomach there is no way I am switching to Starbucks.
6. I hate having to say sister-in-law. Like a domestic marriage- can't I just say sister after seven years already?
7. I wouldn't wear Palin's eye glasses.
8. Why do I always assume that my female PT's are lesbian? At first... (and for the record I could care- but there is a different.... approach. )
9. When are we going to start boxing?
10. Is it stupid that I wanted a Bear's shirt so bad, for no logical reason I can think of- I am so not a "fan", that I plopped down money for one and asked my husband if we could invite people over to watch it?
See, my life has been slow.

1 comment:

Jen W said...

I totally agree on the Sister-in-law thing. Let's make a pact. From now on we are just sisters.