Saturday, August 23, 2008

Discovered

I have been found out. By my super tech savvy sis-in-law. I thought I was all alone in blog-world. I thought I was composing "practice" posts. I thought I would invite her to it when I finally felt like I wrote something worthwhile.
I mean, so far the only person, aside from one of my own alter-egos, to read any of this garbage is my poor husband. Whom, I might add, is asked to read my own posts out loud to me sometimes. And he does it every time. No matter what is on TV. I *heart* him... sigh.
Anyway- years ago I had a blog. A whole blog team if you will. I was a sister blogger to a series of three. It was fun. I had fun. I was religious about writing and in order to one day get a big fat book deal was trying to find my voice.... and a target audience.
Then I sobered up.
I have about as much "talent and patience for composing perfect prose" as a country singer and the only material I have to write about is my Special Education students ( which is illegal ), my husband, ( which is immoral ) and myself. Which is where I have settled. And I have come to find that my thoughts are not nearly as interesting as I like to think they might be.
I have also come to realize that writing my thoughts down on paper ( ie THE INTERNET- because a real life journal made out of paper just allows me way too many swear words and angry thoughts) is cathartic sometimes and helps me to view the world in a comic way. At times. I still am pissed off a lot and irrational frequently. But at least "when blogging" I can laugh about it.
This is probably my fifth blog. I wrote the one I spoke of earlier for a few years. I was into it. Life changed. At each new venture, I started up a new anonymous blog. I wrote about stuff I will write about in later posts... like getting married, finding God, and an unfortunate miscarriage. But none of those blogs seemed like the kinds of things I would want to really remember all that well. Seriously. Not with that intensity anyway.
But now life is slower. Calmer. I am in the slow lane of a four lane highway. A good place. Hence the title. I intend for THIS blog to have some staying power. Especially now that I have been discovered. JEN. ;) ( seriously, you called it a track wheel? I feel like I am cave woman ) But it's time.
So for any of you new viewers, I realize the writing is choppy- I know my words are not poetic, and I for sure realize there is no book deal on the horizon. BUT, I guess it's time for me to open up again. Share with my small world ( sorry Disney, but it works ) my fears, thoughts, giggles, and incredibly ridiculous knack for finding the hardest route to get anywhere, ALL of the time. With a twist of illogical thinking skills and flair for drama.
Anyway. Welcome.

1 comment:

Jen W said...

Well, well, well. Welcome to the blogosphere- or should I say, welcome back to the blogosphere! I'm looking forward to adding you to my time suckage.